ISO 50001 Energy Management System Lead Implementer
ISO 50001 Energy Management System Lead Implementer
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO 50001?
As an international standard, ISO 50001 specifies the requirements for organizations to develop, implement, and improve Energy Management Systems. This allows organizations to follow a specific framework that helps them achieve continual improvement in energy performance, efficiency, usage, and consumption. This framework specifies the measurements, documents, and reports, which enable organizations to monitor the progress of their processes and employees towards energy performance. ISO 50001 requires organizations to establish new policies for an efficient use of energy, to set aims and objectives to meet those policies and review their impacts; genuinely attempting to achieve continuous improvements of energy management
Why is Energy Management important for you?
Energy is crucial to the organization’s operations and can result in major costs regardless of its activities. Energy Management provides guidance on the usage of energy throughout the organization’s supply chain, from raw materials to recycling. Apart from costs, energy usage contributes to climate change as well. Considering that the search for alternative energy sources can be time consuming; every organization should aspire to reduce energy consumption and use. In addition, organizations should attempt to increase employee awareness towards energy conservation. By becoming ISO 50001 certified, you will acquire the necessary skills, which will enable you to help the organization comprehend the positive impacts of this standard. Likewise, you will assist the organization to reduce its contribution to global warming, thus become recognized as an environmentally friendly organization.
Benefits of ISO 50001 Energy Management
By becoming ISO 50001 certified, you will be able to:
- Increase energy efficiency
- Contribute to cost reduction
- Gain competitive advantage
- Increase effectiveness
- Promote best energy practices
- Improve energy performance
- Implement environmentally friendly practices
- Help the organization to improve its reputation
- Assist the organization in energy management
- Contribute to the organization’s continuous improvement
ISO 50001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Energy Management System (EnMS) based on ISO 50001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Energy Management Systems (EnMS) and be able to decrease an organization`s energy costs and improve its energy performance and sustainability.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Energy Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO 50001 in an organization.
- Managers or consultants involved in Energy Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Energy Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EnMS requirements
- EnMS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 50001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an EnMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 50001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an EnMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Energy Management System best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an EnMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 50001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 50001 and initiation of an EnMS
Day 2: Plan the implementation of an EnMS
Day 3: Implementation of an EnMS
Day 4: EnMs monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The "Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer" exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Energy Management System (EnMS)
Domain 2: Energy Management System (EnMS)
Domain 3: Planning an EnMS implementation based on ISO 50001
Domain 4: Implementing an EnMS based on ISO 50001
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an EnMS based on ISO 50001
Domain 6: Continual improvement of an EnMS based on ISO 50001
Domain 7: Preparing for an EnMS certification audit
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 50001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Implementer Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience EnMMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO 50001 Provisional Implementer PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Implementer PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Energy Management Project activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Energy Management Project activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Senior Lead Implementer PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Energy Management Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting an EnMS plan
- Initiating an EnMS implementation
- Implementing an EnMS
- Monitoring and managing an EnMS implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes